Votes
Tommy Foltz
  • Aurora, CO
Votes |
What should I do with 100K in equity?

Tommy Foltz
  • Aurora, CO
Posted Feb 28 2016, 11:33

Hello, I am very much interested in becoming a full time real estate investor. I purchased a house ten years ago in the hopes of living in it for about two years, fixing it and then flip it. That was when the housing market took a dive and I lost all my equity. I still live in this house and now have about 100 thousand in equity. I live in the Denver area where the housing market has exploded. I would like some advice from investors on what they would do if they were in my position. I am interested in becoming a land lord and owning enough properties to sit back and collect a nice income each month. I am also interested in fix and flips. Should I sell my house, use the cash to put down on a fix a flip? Should I leverage my house and use it as a rental and purchase more rentals? I also live alone, am single, no kids and don't have anything tying me down to the Denver area, so if there are other markets where my 100K could go farther I wouldn't be apposed to moving. I have a job I hate so I would like to be making money from real estate sooner than later. Any advice from anybody would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Loading replies...