Making Lots of Offers without Seeing the Property... How?

3 Replies

Hi everyone,

Pretty basic question here. I'm a small time investor that only owns three units, however I want to expand and pick up a couple of properties in the next 4-5 months. Before I bought my first property (a triplex), I looked at a 7-8 properties that were just a waste of time (condition wasn't what was advertised, seller wasn't negotiable, etc). I want to start pumping out a large number of offers every day without looking at the properties in order to maximize the use of my time. I know many investors do this, and my question to you all is: how are you logistically doing it? Are you sending actual P&S contracts over to the listing agents for each offer? Or are you doing it another way? What do listing agents and sellers respond best to? I'm a (recently) licensed agent if that helps.

Thank you!

Load your gun and fire.  Not all offers are accepted.  Inspect the ones that are accepted.  As you said, not all properties are as advertized.  When you find a property that wasn't what you expected, withdraw the offer.

In many markets, a listing agent will not accept an offer that has an inspection contingency if you did not view the property. Im not sure about NH, but that is largely the case in MA (Although there are parts of MA, Greater Boston where you need to waive the inspection for any property). When I am selling a house, if the offer is site unseen, and you wont waive the inspection contingency, you have no chance of acceptance.

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

@Axel Ragnarsson

"Before I bought my first property (a triplex), I looked at a 7-8 properties that were just a waste of time (condition wasn't what was advertised, seller wasn't negotiable, etc)." That's what it takes to be successful.

"I want to start pumping out a large number of offers every day without looking at the properties" Career limiting/Financial suicide IMHO