• Investor
  • Hudson, WI
Votes |
Trying to purchase a pre-foreclosure probate in WI

Nathan Letourneau
  • Investor
  • Hudson, WI
Posted Oct 17 2016, 21:38

I'd like to buy this pre-foreclosure probate property that is not listed.  The house is worth about what is owed or a little more.  I made an offer above the loan payoff amount so the family could walk away with a small amount for all the work they have done on the property so far.  The problem is there is also $10k+ of credit card debt that I didn't know about until after I made the offer.  It would be too tight of a deal if I had to payoff the credit card debt, mortgage and some for the family.  The family is ready to let the house go into foreclosure if there is too much hassle or they can't make a bit of money.

So my questions are these:  First, is there a way to remove the house from the probate process so I can buy it immediately (rather than wait for probate to process completely)?  If so how?  Second, If I pay off the mortgage, I assume I have to pay the credit card debt first before any extra can go to the family correct or is there something I'm missing?  Do the credit card companies ever settle for less?  If the house goes to foreclosure, they won't get anything, so you would think they would be motivated to make a deal so they can get something.  If so, how much of a discount should I try to have the family ask for?

Thanks

Loading replies...