Realtor listed as "tax payer" on county info for one his listings

4 Replies

I came across a property that I'm interested in 

it's priced pretty high, been on market for 280 days...

I pull up the information on the assessors website...

Taxpayer : 100% "Name of listing agent" address: "address of listing agent's office" 

Owner: 100% "Nice old lady" address: " Last name of listing agent, and a address that is a property listing agent owns, not the office" 

Taxes are also behind by $7,500...no payments since mid 2015. 

No title transfer/history as far back as the record shows. 

Would there be a reason for a realtor to be listed as the taxpayer for  a property he is selling, and then for the taxes to also be behind?I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. 

Thanks!

that's new, could it be agent is related to seller? 

if so on the mls it would say, agent is related to seller or agent is seller.

I could find no relation through googling- it looks as though the seller now lives abut an hour away and is retired/ect. 

I'm going to call the agent up here in  a second and see if I can't get more info :) 

And it makes a difference because.......?

Because it's not something I've ever need me across before and I wasn't sure if this was something that comes up when (insert some type of abnormal situation to watch out for here) 

Excellent contribution though. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.