Military Relocation to Gulf Coast-looking to network w/investors

8 Replies

I recently got notified my family & I are moving to Keesler AFB, Biloxi Mississippi spring of next year.  I am looking to network with a few folks and get tapped into the investor network there.  I am looking for a primary residence for my wife & I.  

Call Sherry Owen's office in Gulfport when you get to Mississippi. Good luck.

Hey Bryan, I'm in Biloxi as well, just south of KAFB. Just getting started with REI, but also looking to network with folks. Hit me up when you make it over or if you need anything in the interim.

Hi @Bryan C. , very nice to meet you! Welcome to the Gulf Coast! I'm currently in Biloxi at the moment. I stay about a 1/4 of a mile from Keesler. I've come across some great off market deals that would be great for an owner-investor looking for something close to base. Fair warning though...there's a train track that runs along the outside of Keesler AFB, so if trains rumbling by is a deal breaker, then looking further out may be a better option. I know Sherry Owen and she's a great broker with lots of experience, you'd be in good hands with her if you're looking to work with an agent... but, it really all depends on what you're looking for. MLS or off-market. There's an investor club meetup (or at least there was one) @ The Innovation Center, but I called Jason, the facilitator, recently and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I'll let you know if I hear back from him & if the meetings are still held monthly.

Hey Bryan, I've been working at Keesler AFB since 2001. (Active Duty/GS). Let me know if I can help.

@Bryan C. check out the city websites for Biloxi, D'Iberville, Gulfport and Oceansprings they have a lot of good information about the area.

thanks, can you provide a few of them?  Also can u look up property tax info on properties down there online like most states?  I tried to look up a property earlier and it didnt come up so am thinking it was "user error" lol

Yes @Bryan C. tax info is available on properties in Harrison and Jackson Counties. Shoot me an address and I'll send you some links. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here