Different type of loan needed

1 Reply

My girlfriend and I found a property, the seller is offering two single family houses in the same lot which cost 240,000. We went to a company called Mortgage Master to try and find a lender for this property, my girlfriend got pre approved for 150,000, I can't get a loan still because my income is too low. So all we got is 150,000
My solution is to offer the seller 150,000 which the bank is going to give us and the seller could finance the rest.
My problem is the bank won't lend us the money because one of the houses needs fixing and for FHA that's a no no.
My solution is to get a conventional loan which only needs 10% down since we can't afford 20% down. Fix the property and refinance it, so I could pay the seller in full and just have a regular mortgage.
Does anyone know a mortgage lender that offers 10% down on a conventional loan? Or
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hey Ruben,

You've got a couple issues going on here that I see.  I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Two properties on one lot can make it difficult to find comps of like properties.

The $150K the lender is offering is what type of a loan product? Does it encumber both properties? Is it an FHA product? FHA does have a 203K product that may work for this if you can find comps; especially if you're going to move into the other half.

The title issues (two houses on one lot) would keep me out.

Good luck

Stephanie

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.