Votes
Joshua DuBois
  • Upper Marlboro, MD
Votes |
Is there a such thing as...

Joshua DuBois
  • Upper Marlboro, MD
Posted Dec 11 2016, 19:30

Is there a such thing as paying someone a fee to set up a real estate investment portfolio? Not just a mentor, something much more robust than that. 

I promise you - I'm not lazy :-)!! Far from it.  It is just that the monetary return on my time is much higher with my job than the return from real estate investing would be any time soon. Basically, I will lose money spending much time on investing in the short and medium run, but in the long run, I do want a stake in the real estate market.

So theoretically: let's say I have some cash to invest and want to leverage that cash and a good credit score to secure financing and acquire properties. Can I pay someone a flat fee or percentage fee to find deals, analyze them, and move me all the way through the process, from analysis to offer to closing to rehab and even finding a tenant? Basically hiring a "project manager" from start to finish.  I would be involved at every single decision point and would do research and vetting as well - but I'm outsourcing much of the work to someone else. 

Or maybe this means I want a partner - where I can fund the deals with cash and credit and they do a bunch of the work. 

I have not given up on doing it myself - far from it - just  exploring options! Thanks all. 

Loading replies...