Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Rainy Lane
  • Williamsburg, VA
Votes |
Offer accepted - true that house must be taken off websites?

Rainy Lane
  • Williamsburg, VA
Posted Mar 7 2017, 13:12

Hi,  I'm currently selling my house in Virginia. The potential buyer and I signed the initial contract, but it is pending as we wait for the home inspection, etc.  My realtor initially told me my house would stay on all the real estate websites (Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, etc.) until the final contract is signed. However, I noticed that my house disappeared from all websites almost immediately after signing off on the initial offer. When I questioned my realtor she said there's nothing she can do about it, that's the way it is now.  At the same time, I am looking at houses in the state I recently moved to.  When houses here are in the same situation, they're listed on the websites as "offer accepted with contingencies".  This is clearly beneficial to the seller as it allows potential buyers to see that the house may be still available if the present offer falls through.  

I have other reasons to not trust my realtor.  Can anyone tell me if I can trust her on this?  Does it vary from state to state?  I would be more likely to believe her if she could give me a reason, but her answer was, "this is how it is now.  My hands are tied."

Thank you!

Loading replies...