• Real Estate Consultant
  • Upper Marlboro, MD
Votes |
What sellers shouldn’t do while showing their house

Charles Heyward
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Upper Marlboro, MD
Posted Dec 1 2009, 22:26

I have the opportunity of working closely with both buyers and sellers. Sellers think that the best way to make their house look impressive is to make it stylish. On the other hand, buyers expect a simple house where they need to make minimum changes. They want a place which is comfortable enough to stay for a long time. If you are a seller, just make sure you don’t fall back on any of these guidelines to sell your house quickly.

• ‘Seeing is believing’ is the buyers approach when they come to your house. Keep your house neat and tidy without making it look gaudy.

• Buyers will see overall appearance of your house. Do not empty your house so much that it appears cold and sterile.

• Sometimes you may hesitate to show the house due to the feeling of unpreparedness despite making many changes. Remember that every house looks good if kept neat and tidy. Check carefully what the buyers want and what their expectations are. Observe what your neighbors are doing to sell their property.

• Never make your rooms . For example, some sellers place home gym in their bedroom hoping to impress their buyers. This will make the buyers think that there isn’t much room to move around.

• The most important thing that buyers will notice is the storage space. Buyers will open the cupboards and examine the space within. Clear out the storage space so that the buyers can have a good look at the space available.

I hope the five tips will give you some direction as a seller for staging your house. If you still wish to ask specific questions about how to sell the house, feel free to drop me a line at [EMAIL REMOVED]

Loading replies...