Buying & Selling Real Estate Discussion

User Stats

Votes
Katy Nguyen
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
where to buy general liability insurance for vacant land?

Katy Nguyen
  • Irvine, CA
Posted Jun 13 2017, 10:53

Hi everyone. Does anyone know which insurance companies I can purchase liability insurance for my two vacant lots? They are located in two different states and owned under my LLC. Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Purcell
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jun 13 2017, 10:55

I got vacant property insurance through Farmers .. i'm sure they have whatever you need

User Stats

Votes
Katy Nguyen
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jun 13 2017, 11:31

I just called Farmers. They said they don't insure vacant land for an LLC. Are you insured with Farmers under your homeowners' policy or through your business?

User Stats

Votes
Harry Asnien
  • Investor
  • Mandeville, LA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mandeville, LA
Replied Jun 16 2017, 11:40

Is it a single owner LLC? If so, your general liability from your personal residence (if you have one) should cover vacant land, you'd have to check with your insurance agent though. Also, depending on the value and coverage, you may want to get an additional umbrella policy.

User Stats

Votes
Katy Nguyen
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jun 17 2017, 21:38

I checked with Geico. It's not the case. If I personally owned the land, then, you're correct. But since it's owned by my LLC, the insurance company won't cover it from my homeowner's insurance. I would have to buy commercial liability insurance separately for it.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Bott
  • Insurance Agent
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jun 18 2017, 06:12

@Katy Nguyen I know of an insurance program who can write General Liability for vacant land for $8-$10 per month for $1M in coverage.  Pricing varies through out the country, but the cost should be right around those amounts.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Hicks
  • Investor
  • Avilla, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Avilla, IN
Replied Jun 18 2017, 06:56

Call State Farm.

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Moynihan
  • Insurance Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jul 7 2017, 13:24

Please feel free to DM me. I can get you this coverage. I'm a commercial insurance broker that works nationally with investors, developers, and property management companies. Thanks and good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2020, 15:22

If anyone knows how to provide.me a policy for a 1 million dollar general liability insurance policy for vacant land with no house on it please contact 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 3 2020, 13:50

Also in the market for raw land insurance in the area of Yucca Valley, CA in a residential area. Need to get liability insurance ASAP before the weather starts to get bad.