• Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Purchase agreement?

Sharad M.
Pro Member
  • Carlsbad, CA
Posted Apr 13 2010, 10:15

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a property in Indiana. My first question is where can I find the IN Purchase Agreement online? Is that something I have to buy or can I download for free from a website?

My other question is, can I use a self created purchase agreement with the seller or do I need to use the IN purchase agreement that is commonly used for residential properties.

The reason I ask is because I looking to buy a house FSBO and I want to use an agent to represent me, but the agent just sent me the offer letter. And along with offer letter he sent me "Buyer's Exclusive Agency Contract" and in that it says that:

Commission: In consideration for the services to be performed by Broker, Buyer agrees to pay Broker a commission of $1,000 or $2.5% of the total purchase price; however, the total commission paid to Broker shall not be less than $1,000. In the event Seller pays a commission under a listing agreement and Broker, with the consent of buyer, is to receive any portion thereof, that portion shall be credited against Buyer's financial obligations to Broker.

The offer is for less than $20,000. Can you guys provide some guidance on this one. Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...