Once again, Houston proves its resiliency!
Houston Real Estate Highlights in September:
- Single-family home sales staged an impressive post-Hurricane Harvey rebound, rising 4.2 percent year-over-year with 6,913 units sold;
- On a year-to-date basis, single-family home sales remain 2.3 percent ahead of the 2016 volume, despite Harvey’s effect on Houston housing;
- Total property sales rose 3.4 percent with 8,150 units sold;
- Total dollar volume jumped 10.2 percent to $2.3 billion;
- At $232,000, the single-family home median price rose 5.5 percent, achieving a September high;
- The single-family home average price increased 5.4 percent to $291,767, also a record high for a September;
- Single-family homes months of inventory rose year-over-year from a 3.9-months supply to 4.1 months, but that is below the healthier 4.4-months supply that prevailed during the two months leading up to Harvey;
- Townhome/condominium sales fell 5.8 percent, with the average price up 3.5 percent to $208,215 and the median price up 8.4 percent to $159,950;
- Leases of single-family homes shot up an unprecedented 83.6 percent with average rent up 7.9 percent to $1,886;
- Volume of townhome/condominium leases surged 92.2 percent with average rent up 5.4 percent to $1,601.
- HAR continues to encourage anyone who has housing available for temporary occupancy (up to 12 weeks) to please post it on our Harvey Temporary Housing page as soon as possible at www.har.com/temporaryhousing to provide housing to those in need.
This post has been removed.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing