Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Carson Wilcox
  • Davis, CA
Votes |
ONE major change the house needs is putting me over budget...

Carson Wilcox
  • Davis, CA
Posted Oct 17 2017, 17:02

OK.  I bought a house to flip... needs updating, all original or one 90's kitchen remodel.  Needs all cosmetic.  no structural issues...  But its a big house and my bids are coming in a BIT over what I wanted.  I am doing all the facelift stuff, new baths, new kitchen, new flooring, paint, fixtures, lighting etc...

It has a 15' square sunken living room DIRECTLY in front of you as you enter the front  door.  It is the one major change the house "needs"  realtors, all the women I have walked through it... all hated it.    But it is my only real large "optional item"

see video

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE ROOM

I believe that it is awful and is the only real "I liked that house BUT" item in the property... however... I wont be living there. One of my contractors who flips SFH's and multi's said I am "putting out a fire" before I know its an issue. and that I wont get the $7k back out of it for fixing the floor. So what to do? Fix this issue and hope the extra mile puts me at the top of the realtor's ARV price goal? or leave it and risk showing a turd to people with $75k in other work... and losing my butt.....?

Loading replies...