Evaluating a Raw Land Lead

4 Replies

Hey, 

Lately i have been getting lots of Raw Land leads in Indianapolis and haven't yet really dived into evaluating raw land. Anyone here invest in Raw Land in Indiana or Midwest area in general? I'd love to get your feedback on how you are evaluating how much a specific piece of land is worth. Thanks for the help ahead of time. 

Terone Johnson 

Hey, where are these leads coming from? Why are the sellers selling these pieces of land? As you know, comps are pretty difficult to come by for raw land deals. You can check out this Joe Fairless podcast where he interviews a raw land investor: http://joefairless.com/podcast/jf60-flippity-flopping-land-tales-of-a-land-flipper/

Also, episode 77 of Joe Fairless' podcasts is a guide to buying raw land as well! Just listened to it, exciting stuff!

@Terone Johnson

Land in Indy can be very hit or miss. Unless you're in an area where the new build potential is there (i.e. certain parts of FS, BH, downtown, certain suburbs, etc), or that might have strong commercial opportunity, there won't be too much value to lots. If you want, hit me up and let me know what you're coming across- I'll take a look at it!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here