Ready to invest in residential real estate - Dayton, OH

4 Replies

I am part of a an investor group that has primarily invested in MI residential real estate and are looking to diversify into the Dayton, Ohio market. We are interested in learning about the local Dayton market - do's & don't, as each market is unique. So any advice would be welcomed. 

Also, we would like to connect with local real estate professionals - realtors, lenders, ect. that can assist us in finding and managing our first deal in Dayton.

Cheers!!!

Mukesh

@Darrin Carey thanks for validating that there is good demand in Dayton for rental properties. 

So let me be more specific in my request. What type and price range of properties would most likely to meet this demand? Single family, multifamily, etc. and what is the rent level for these properties. Also, we try to leverage using debt, so that the rent is essentially helping build equity and we have the tax advantage of interest expense write-off. Who should we be reaching out to for loans? 

Hope I did not ask too many questions. 

@ Ham Merritt - we are looking for portfolio loans. We have good credit so we are also able to provide personal guarantees if needed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.