Thoughts and/or opinions?

1 Reply

Hey all! I stumbled across this forum and hoping I can get some insight from some of you that know a while lot more about the buying/financing side of real estate. My wife and I will be buying a home this coming Spring. I have a question regarding a credit card balance. Currently, my balance is at roughly $7,500 with a credit limit of $8,500. My credit scores are between 680-700. I have been researching about the benefits of taking out a personal loan to pay off this balance. I could get a 36 month loan and have it paid off then. My wife and I both have pretty good spending habits, we just aren't able to get anywhere on the card because of the ridiculous interest rate. I could get a loan that is 5% less than my card. Couple questions... 

1) how much more benifical would this be for my credit score/mortgage process?

2) seems kind of like a no brainer. Is there anything I should be worried about?

Thanks much!

@Eric Grant

It seems like no matter what 5% personal Lon is much better than probably 19% credit card debt. It makes sense to go for it just from you personal financial situation. I would go for it with no hesitation. You will save a ton. 

I'd recommend to talk to your mortgage broker or a loan officer and see what they would say about this move being beneficial for your mortgage application 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide