House Flipping - Logistics

3 Replies

All,

I am getting ready to bid on foreclosed houses with an intention of fixing and flipping. My questions pertain to logistics more than anything else:

- do I need an LLC set up with a funded account beforehand?

- do I need to be pre-approved by a hard money lender before bidding, or are they ready to lend more so based on the potential of the property?

- how do I set up an LLC with an associated bank account, check writing capability, etc.?

Thanks,

Dan

- do I need an LLC set up with a funded account beforehand?

Not necessarily, ask your hard-money lender what they require. If you are transferring funds from your own personal account, I don't think this matters. LLC creation is relatively quick and should just be completed right away.

- do I need to be pre-approved by a hard money lender before bidding, or are they ready to lend more so based on the potential of the property?

Being pre-approved and knowing their requirements is smart. You don't want to get stuck with someone who is lending only on the property itself - especially if you have a strong credit profile and good experience.

- how do I set up an LLC with an associated bank account, check writing capability, etc.?

You can google "how to set up an LLC in florida" OR you can talk with a lawyer who specializes in doing this... it will cost more, but may have benefits vs a one-size-fits-all online document. 

Where are you buying and through what source?

thanks for the responses. David, I am buying in St. Pete/Tampa area. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.