Help Find Local Area Expert - Westchester NY

2 Replies

Hi All - I'm looking for a local area expert in lower Westchester NY, who can give us a tour of local towns and give more details on living in one vs another. Any help is much appreciated!

"Karma is always ROI positive"

-Max

I'd recommend reaching out to people on BP who are local to you and see if they're be looking to help you out. 

Just direct message a bunch of them. 

Max since you said "Live in" and not just invest in, the best place for you to get the info you seek is with a experienced Realtor. Also Westchester is a varied market. The median price can vary widely from town to town. For example in a place like Mt Vernon the median price for a SFR is roughly $225K then you have Scarsdale which is about $850K then Chappaqua about $1M+. Once you know your price range then you can narrow down neighborhoods and realtor referrals are easier to come by. If you have children, another way to analyze the market is to look at the public school rankings via https://www.greatschools.org

By and large there is a very strong correlation between the schools grade, home prices and quality of living.

Once you narrow this down, feel free to private message me and I can possibly refer a reputable agent.

Best of luck

Cheers

Rick

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.