Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Judy Lipinski
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Are my expectations too high for a Buyer's Agent?

Judy Lipinski
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Nov 7 2017, 12:39

When I get involved in a business - Im very passionate and dedicated. My expectations are high. I really want to find someone who works as hard as I do. Im concerned that Ive set the bar too high.  I know they have other clients. I dont expect them to drop everything to help me. But Id like to know what is a realistic expectation to have. 

I wanted to purchase two properties before the end of the year. Cash for good deals that need work. My husband will be doing work and we have identified a couple of contractors.  Perhaps my target price is lower than they care to deal with for commissions. Under $20k each.

I have talked to two agents.

One I met via Zillow - and he showed us properties 3 weeks ago. We had a family tragedy which delayed my hunt for a couple of weeks but now I want to hit it even harder.  Im interested in one property that has sewage/septic issues - and the agent was going to use his contact with seller to find out more.  Ive identified more properties and have asked him to coordinate with my husband because I am out of town. Its been a couple of days.

The other was recommended by a friend and we have talked on email and the phone.  He said he'd contact me Sunday but did not. I sent him a message Monday - it is now Tuesday. 

Maybe I did not convey how serious I am - or maybe the commissions are too low.

Id like to develop relationships and find a relator in Pittsburgh who will even help with houses not on the MLS.

Any suggestions? 

Judy

Loading replies...