Property listed with incorrect information

5 Replies

Hi all
Recently I came across a duplex listed as 2Bed room and 2 Bath and during inspection found out that each side got 2Br and 1 Bath. The money I spend to inspect the property is lost due to the fact that listing agent (mark Spain ) is in correctly listing the data. When check with the agent, she said that “oh I thought it is a 2/2”. The property is back on market with the same incorrect information. I feel like I am been trapped by these unethical tricks. I brought to her attention again and hope she will take steps to address it.

BP community, What are your thoughts ? Any such experience.
How can I raise to the management of Mark Spain ?

Welll, that’s a risk when you contract for a property you’ve never seen. Also, that info is likely available online in your county records.

Go view the properties and you wont be surprised. 

@Moncy Samuel   The fact that the listing was not corrected when the deal was cancelled would probably have my lawyer calling their broker.

I would also report them to the Association of Realtors. Since the information was not corrected within 48 hours they should expect the "friendly phone call" from the MLS office.

Thanks for the advise. I send a note to the listing agent about the intent to send a legal notice and the very next day the information got corrected. Either the realtor is lazy Doing the bare minimum to get the 3% commission or it was a crooked lady trying to bait and switch.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here