Votes
Lori Robb
  • Spring Creek, NV
Votes |
Misrepresentation of real estate property

Lori Robb
  • Spring Creek, NV
Posted Dec 18 2017, 22:50

Recently, my husband and I offered to purchase a house in our area.  This is not the first house we have purchased .  We actually already own ten rental properties.  This recent offer has been a nightmare from the get go.  I wanted to back out long ago but my husband didn't.  After the initial offer, we had a home inspection done which we agreed to pay for.  It was bad and alot of things needed fixing.  We withdrew our original offer and offered less to offset the repairs.  The seller accepted.  We then ordered the appraisal and the agent ordered the septic to be pumped and the roots cut out.  That was done.  Two weeks ago, the nightmare started after the appraisal and septic cleaning.  We went by the house and saw the seller had moved out and on the door was a foreclosure notice posted.  We immediately contacted our agent.  She assured us everything would be fine and it would close on time.  Today she called and said the seller was not the only one with an interest in the house .  His mother also had an interest in the house and was refusing to sell or to sign a quit claim deed.  At this point the house will probably not close and the deal is off.  I am more than livid as NONE of this information was ever given to us at any time.  We NEVER would have even put an offer in on the house had we have known any of these things. We feel we have been defrauded and I want my earnest money back plus I do not feel we should have to pay for any of the things we paid for.  The house was never free to be sold.  Do any of you have any ideas legally what are recourse is?  Thank you.

Loading replies...