I need Comps for my deal

4 Replies

I've found what I think are great deals, but I'm not confident in my comps. Trulia and Zillow are not giving me a consistent number. What tools do you all use? How can I get an accurate number for the ARV?

As a newbie, and a former agent in the state of Texas I would recommend contacting a licensed agent in your area and building a relationship. I am not certain about every state and their laws but I know that some agents in Texas would have assistants that could have access to MLS. It might be worth it to pay a flat rate to run comps on properties. It is an expense but could be the saving grace as a cost of doing business. Some agents would possibly pass that task off to an assistant or you may very well find an agent who would do them for you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you find a better way to get comps on a property.

Cheers, 

Anthony Warren

Originally posted by @Paul Gwilliam :

I've found what I think are great deals, but I'm not confident in my comps. Trulia and Zillow are not giving me a consistent number. What tools do you all use? How can I get an accurate number for the ARV?

Contact a licensed agent in that area. Zillow and Trulia are HORRIBLE for giving comps. They pull numbers from all over and they are not even the real numbers most of the time.

Tom Ott, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2016003865)
440-749-4043

Texas is a non disclosure state so sales prices are not published. Zillow and Trulia therefore are utterly worthless . A local agent is the only way to get accurate comps in most areas of Texas

What area are you looking at ? Texas also has 25+ MLS systems so you need to find an agent who subscribes to the mls used in The area

512-293-3885

There are brokerage websites that can get you that data - I am the cofounder of propelio.com which could do this for you, but there are others like investway.com or realacquisitions.com.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.