Has Anyone Invested in Newport News/VA Beach Area?

7 Replies

Curious, what do you guys think of areas in South West of VA(VA Peninsula) for a rental and for passive income?

For now, asking for Newport News, VA Beach, Suffolk, Chesapeake and Norfolk? Does anyone has any personal experience with them and if one particular area is better than the other?

Are these good areas to start in terms of long term investment, buy, rent and hold kind of strategy? 

Thanks for any of your advice and help.

@Syed Shah My business closed a purchase in Portsmouth, VA (next to Norfolk) earlier this year. I'm a big fan of Ghent in Norfolk and Olde Towne or Parkview in Portsmouth. Though hard to find, anything around ODU can be a great student rental.

Virginia Beach is a military favorite, but like the rest of the state, there is very little inventory.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to DM me if you have further questions.

Hello to both of you! I’m an investor and REALTOR in Hampton Roads and would be happy to chat about the market. Call me if you wish, my number is on my profile.

@Syed Shah .  It is an area you need to have eyes on the street and block itself.  Areas change very fast in Norfolk and Portsmouth.  Either get a very knowledgable property manager or realtor to keep you from being steered into a bad area

Thanks very much guys, I really appreciate your help and input.

I am actually building a team in that area.  We are going to do flips, buy and hold and probably create some turn key investing projects.  If your interested.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here