4 Houses that can't be split!!

3 Replies

Are there any other options outside of a hard money lender to fund an investment deal that comes with 4 houses that need to be sold? The seller does not want to sell them separately. The houses haven’t hit the market yet so the pricing is fair and the comps speak for it, not to mention but they are also tenant occupied and bringing in rent every month. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

If you quality you could get four separate conventional loans.

Commercial lending is another possibility.  Some lenders will do "blanket loans" that cover more than one property.  If you do a blanket loan be sure it allows for partial release so you can sell them individually without having to refi the others.

Thanks for the heads up @Jon Holdman . Would I be able to get away with a low or no money down approach with regards to the blanket loans??

No. Nor with conventional investor loans, especially with four at once. You're going to need both a down payment and cash reserves. I think with conventional you might be able to go as low as 15% down and you'll need six months PITI for all properties. Best to speak with a lender, though. I'm not sure how it would work if you tried to get four loans at once. Commercial lenders, including blanket loans, are probably at least 20% down.

Your best source for low down lending would be the seller.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.