Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Isiah Ferguson
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
I want more rental properties but wife want a SFH ?

Isiah Ferguson
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Jan 28 2018, 11:41

Hello, BP.

Me and my wife currently have 2 properties free and clear.

1 Townhouse and a duplex. We live in the townhouse and currently renting the duplex. 

Personally, I want to refi both properties and take the cash and buy a multi family property. Live in 1 unit and rent out the others.

My wife want to refi both properties and take the cash to buy our primary residence so it could be free and clear. In that space she says ill have my 2 rental properties and she'll have the free and clear primary home she always wanted.

My argument is "but what about scaling up to get more properties to offset out monthly expenses ??" Financial freedom. 

Ultimately, I want my rental property buisness leveraged through the bank and my primary residence free and clear. This lifestyle idea is great for me and what how I would like to live.

With all this being said. I think it would be fair for both of us if we decided to refi both properties and take the cash out. Use the cash to purchase a our primary residence, that way ill have my family in a home. But take out a HELOC on the primary residence incase a rental property deal pops up I am able to purchase it cash, then refi to use the to pay off the HELOC. In this case, we're able to scale up and also have the free and clear home as my wife want.

Is this fair and I am explaining this right ? am I missing something ?

Loading replies...