What Can You tell me about multifamily Greenville, SC?

2 Replies

Anyone have any experience with multifamily properties in Greenville, South Carolina (ie. Near GMU airport, Haywood Mall area? How’s vacancy? What kind of demo can I expect? What’s the highest end of finishes you would assume is reasonable for the area? Are we talking stainless steel and quartz or more vinyl and white appliances? Is this area landlord friendly? Any draconian landlord/Tenant laws I should be aware of? Do you think studio rentals would do well in this area? What type of rents would you expect for a studio in this area?

@Jason Cohen

I am a Realtor in Greenville, SC.  I do not have much experience with mulitfamily in Greenville.  I do own a couple single family rentals in gville though.  It really depends on where in gville the multifamily unit is located.  Both of the houses that i own are in (one is a duplex actually) are in gentrifying neighborhoods.  You are seeing some people go back with high end finishes such as granite, refinish hw floors, new shaker cabinets, etc.  You also see some that have sheet vinyl flooring and old painted cabinets.  I would suggest looking at some rental listings in greenville online.  Alpha property management and Lott Property management are two that you can view their listings on their website.  Btw.. i have nothing to do with those two companies at all.  Hope that is helpful.

Adam

@Jason Cohen

Hey Jason, i have several doors in Greenville. Happy to answer your the questions i can, shoot me a shout. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here