Pro Member
  • Mililani, HI
Votes |
Investing in the Greater Avenues, Salt Lake City, Utah

John Ozoa-Sioson
Pro Member
  • Mililani, HI
Posted Feb 19 2018, 08:29

Aloha everyone, My name is John and new to the biggerpockets forum. I'm new to the investment community as well and been constantly learning the past couple of months. I'm happy to say that i'm very greatful and thankful for finding biggerpockets and the huge community here as well as the great people i'm meeting and able to connect to.

Recently, I was able to talk to a colleague of mine about the potentials of the real estate market in Utah. I started looking and possibly found some multifamily or multi-plex properties in the Greater Avenues and was a little curious. Is anyone familiar how the trends have been doing in terms of real estate in this part of Salt Lake City, Utah? Is this a good place to invest in? What is the typical price range for multifamily homes?  What should I lookout for when investing in properties here? When looking at investment properties, what is the typical cap rate? (is 8% good?) is this a good indication for a good roi?

I tried working on the tools section  in the site when it comes to rental properties, but i'm still a little bit lost. Does anyone know the typical utility fees in the area? electric, water, garbage fees? property management fees? or anyone can refer me to a good property management company in the area?

Thank you everyone and any information is greatly appreciated. Have a great week.

Loading replies...