Ways to structure Commercial Deal

3 Replies

There’s a current apartment complex I’m interest in purchase as a first time deal. I’m seeking advice on how to effectively create an offerand structure the deal. Which would be the better option money centers, regional banks, small banks, or private lenders? 

Are you asking how to get the financing and the equity the deal? Or how to split profits between investors?

@Alexcia McMillon I’ll leave the structuring bit alone. I’m not quite sure if you want a partnership, owner financing, etc.

As for financing sources, you really need to pick up the phone and call. Or, better yet, ask your realtor for people they’d recommend. I know what my commercial terms are but I’ve had people here (on BP) tell me they can only get a 15 year amortization and others say that they get a 30 year amortization. The net result is that it doesn’t matter what my terms are, it only matters what the terms would be for you. The only way to figure that out is the have conversations with lenders.

And, to give a direct answer, my n=1 says that regional banks are great! Plenty of others prefer credit unions 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you Andrew.

I was referring to financing the building, and more specifically how would I find out what the building is actually worth vs the listing price display.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.