My very first clients!!

2 Replies

Okay so hi everyone! I’m a new agent, I’m very young, and do not exactly have the guidance I thought I would. My mentor seems very busy these days! Anyway, I have my first clients, looking to buy a home. We are about to put in an offer. I’m just not sure what steps I have to take and what exactly my responsibilities in the deal are as a buyers agent. I know if the offer is accepted the next step is a home inspection, right? If anyone could guide me a little I would appreciate it a lot!!

You really need to chat with your broker about this. 

They are there to provide you guidance and they are being paid a mentor fee on this deal to show you the steps!

@Victoria Herald I’m not an agent but I’ve bought some homes, so I can briefly go through that.

1. Offer is accepted and both parties sign
2. Home inspection
3. Appraisal if financing
4. Sign closing documents and wire money to title company
5. Celebrate/repeat

A good pointer I’ve heard from other agents is to look to be a listing agent Instead of buyers agent, as buyers tend to be more difficult to deal with I believe.

Good luck !

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.