Calgary buy and hold for rental or Airbnb

1 Reply

I just signed up with a Pro membership after watching Brandon's webinars on how to evaluate and analyze real estate properties and I love the calculator tools for analyzing deals around my area.

I am analyzing for cash flowing multifamily properties in the Southern Alberta area. Does anyone have any insight in estimating expenses for airbnb if I am looking to buy and hold? I assume that the short term rental vacancies are going to be different for regular rental vacancy rates which are reported by neighbourhood and year of construction on the CMHC website. And there other expenses to determine would be to estimate the monthly property management / cleaning costs. Are there other expenses to consider?

I’d like to see the calculator used to analyze a typical Calgary deal you’d see advertised by the commercial agents. A 60 year old run down six plex with surface parking that is hard to rent for more than 1200$ each and the asking price is 1.2$m.

If you can find any even semi decent deals and post the analysis it would be very interesting vs what the listing agent proforma has in it (no management or vacancy or repairs factored into the cap rate ).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.