Deal or no Deal on 4 plex?

4 Replies

So I'm negotiating with a seller right now & thought I would put my question out here to see what other people thought.  I am trying to buy a 4 plex & the owner has come off the selling price by only 5k.  I am sitting at about a 6% cap rate with the deal sitting this way.  I will have to pay a 9k sewer assessment with things the way they are at the moment.  I've asked the seller to split that with me...but he came back & said no...but he will pay for a home warranty ($1500 roughly).  Would you let the deal sit & wait or would you just do the deal?  I hate to loose the deal over 5k... but Ideally I want at least a 7% cap rate... of course that is not a hard fast number it's just what I set out to get.  FYI...this is my first deal.

All opinions are greatly appreciated!

Steve.

No I guess most properties in the area have a sewer assessment...some just pay for it monthly....some negotiate it into the deal.  Because it's 9k I kind of want to get it handled up front.

Are you purchasing this cash? What are your metric goals? Your claims of 6 & 7% sound like rough numbers. Can you tell us what the exact financial impact of an additional 5k added to the purchase price? I think this way we can actually much better assist you.

I'm not purchasing cash...I'm putting 25% down... it's a 220k mortgage...with about 2100 in monthly rent.... I have a 10% management fee... 5% vacancy, 2000 Property tax (/year), 1000 Insurance (/year) 1000 maintenance(/year), Other Costs (2800 - with the sewer.... 1400 without)  I show 6.88 cap rate with the sewer.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here