3rd party home inspection for new construction

5 Replies

Hi Folks, I am buying a new construction from DR HORTON in Austin which will be ready by end of this month. I live in Singapore, so I won’t be going to do a buyer walkthrough. My real estate agent is going to do that on my behalf. Given that this is a new construction and there will be a warranty on the home, does it make sense to spent more on an independent, 3rd party agency to do the home inspection? Would love to hear from the pros here. Cheers Suren.

omg yes! Absolutely...please do an inspection. Just because it's 'NEW' doesn't mean there's not something wrong with it. It'll be the best $350 you ever spent...

Agent doesnt get paid unless you settle .  

get the 3rd party 

The only person with your best interest in mind is you. Get the third party inspection. You could spend $300-$500 per inspection for your next three homes and have them come back clean. On the fourth house, that inspection could find an issue that gives you the chance to back out, saving you thousands of dollars, making all of your money back on the prior inspections. Well worth it for your peace of mind.

I’m an agent and I always recommend that my clients get an inspection. It’s so cheap and there’s really no reason not to do it.

Jordan Moorhead, Real Estate Agent in MN (#40542303)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.