Buying a place downtown Boston for Airbnb

8 Replies

Hello,

I was looking to buy a apartment downtown Boston and rent it on Airbnb.

Do you think it would be a good investment even though a nice apartment downtown Boston is around 600 thousand ?

It would rent extremely well but I wasn't sure if that investment makes sense.

Thank you

Paul

Paul.

Investments like these in A class neighborhoods are hard to make cash flow.

I invest in C or B class neighborhood where you can get a much better price to rent ratio.

Ok great thanks Antoine for your reply.

You still rent them on Airbnb or more long term renters ?

@Paul Hernaez

Unless you plan on moving to Boston, this is a bad idea. The regulations will keep you from renting out non owner occupied properties and there’s also limits on how many days you can rent it for. There’s plenty of AirBnb friendly cities that have a much better ROI.

@Antoine Martel how do you find the classifications of an area? Re: your ratings of B and C neighborhoods?

@Antoine Martel how do you find the classifications of an area? Re: your ratings of B and C neighborhoods?

Originally posted by @David Mohrmann :

Antoine Martel how do you find the classifications of an area? Re: your ratings of B and C neighborhoods?

By asking the locals. Looking at the properties and the retail spaces around them. Looking at school ratings... etc.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.