What does passive income allow you to do?

2 Replies

I am just learning about real estate investing and it seems like a lot of work. Is it comparable to a 40 hour work week, just more flexible with time? I'm curious to hear how much time you put into REI a week and what you can do with your free time. I am an avid mountain biker so I would spend time riding in new places and making new riding friends.

@Nathan Boyer point blank if you are not willing to give it 100% and countless hours of education, action, making mistakes, a little stress from time to time then this is not the business for you. its not easy. Its stressful. It can be brutal.

BUT.... If it was easy then __________. 

I love what I do. RE investing Its an awesome business and the beauty is you can grow it to as large as you can imagine. You can own 2 properties or 2,000. It will be directly related to how much time and effort you want to put in.

You decide and good luck to you. At least give it a try and if you dont like it then at least you can say I gave it a go. Just dont let anyone tell you its easy because they are not telling you the truth. 

Alex Deacon, Real Estate Agent
412-613-4435

Thanks @Alex Deacon . I am willing to put in the back work to gain knowledge and experience. I was just wondering if people who have been successful in REI can enjoy a fairly relaxed life. Are they managing every aspect of things 8+ hours a day or can they work say only 3 days a week and travel the rest while keeping up with phone calls and emails, etc?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.