Votes
Zach Shrader
  • Shelbyville, IN
Votes |
approaching an off market deal by county assessor

Zach Shrader
  • Shelbyville, IN
Posted Mar 25 2018, 13:29

Ill start off by saying this potential off market deal is for a personal residence.   I was scrolling through the county assessors gps feature looking at land that i would like to live.  i found one that was perfect and i even found out that the owner is my fiances 2nd cousin, who is completely paralyzed from the neck down from a work accident.  this property is 10 acres and it looks like they didnt purchase it and inherited it, im assuming he moved because he obviously cannot tend to 10 acre property, he moved with his family to a place that is more handicap accessible.   I should be able to use this to my advantage to get a good deal, but im not sure how to approach it.  i know i can say that im in a relationship with his cousin and looking to find a first home for our family (we have a one year old son).    i plan on sending him a hand written letter, how should i go about this?   what should i say?     and if this doesnt play out and he doesnt want to sell i will move on with my alternative goal of house hacking.    Thanks for checking this out and reading!!

Loading replies...