Investment Question: Please help

4 Replies

Hi there. I wish someone could help me decide whether to invest a property or buy a franchise as my first investment. Thanks. :)

I would need some details about both but the property is more likely the winner. Franchises, even the good ones go out of business.  While property will be there for as long as you live.  Property will produce income even in bad economic times.  People always need a place to live.

@Neneth Gerona without knowing any details about either of the two you are comparing, I would say that historically its easier to have a property perform than it is to have a franchise perform. But again, I dont know any details about your two options, so I could be wrong in your case. 

Without more information this is a risk vs reward play. A property is lower risk but lower return. A franchise is much higher risk but the reward is much higher (potentially)

I already made a marketing survey in the location where I intend to put up the business. It shows that there are very few restaurants or fast foods near the area. A plus factor is that it is just beside a school campus, students are preferably my target market. However, for about a decade now I've been living in an apartment and still don't have a property of my own. I was actually thinking the same thing as Caleb. There is somehow a lower return for a property compared with franchise but it's quite risky. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here