Should i buy to sell in west Flint ?

1 Reply

hello,

my name is Mohammed, in 2016 i noticed that is cheaper to buy a house than renting because i will be staying in flint more than 5 years and paying $600 a month which $36000 in 5 years. so i bought my house in August 2016 assuming pricing will increase by 2020. Now, i want to buy another house but i am a little bit afraid that i won't make any profit in the current one or the one i will buy. I want to know how is the market doing in Flint? what should i except next year? should i buy a new house ? should i sell the house i am living in right now ? or later ? and when?

thank you 

Hey Mohammed, 

I’ve been investing in Flint for 8 years, I love it. As you’ve noticed it’s cheaper to buy than rent. If you’re still looking to stay for a while I would definitely buy. There’s a lot going on in in Flint, and in 5 years time I strongly believe values will Be higher. I’d say go for it. Even if you rent and earn that $36,000 over the time, you’ve still made money even if values don’t increase (which they probably will). You just need to be very careful about which neighborhood you pick. Id be happy to talk more about it with you! 

Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.