Providing Owner-Financing - Question on Price

4 Replies

Buyers approached me to purchase a house in Mississippi that I can get for $40,000 cash. They want me to sell them that house through owner financing factoring in the down payment. With about $20,000 to fix up - the house will be worth between $100 -110K. They will be responsible for all the repairs, taxes & homeowners insurance. They have good income and can easily afford the payments. They plan to rent out their double-wide home (they own free & clear) for $600 month, which will be the same amount they would pay me. I’m just not sure what price I should sell the house to them for.

Judy,

Nice to meet you here on B/P.  Kinda got lost at the first part of your email that says " you can get" I take it you do not own it now, how do you know if you can get it for 40k, do you have it under contract? Then we can go to the second step.

@Jorge De Jesus - Sorry for the late response.

No - I am purchasing the house and holding paper for the buyer.

30% ish off arv. Interest should help get you closer to %85

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.