House Hack in Indianapolis (duplex)

2 Replies

Noobie investor here looking to house hack a distressed duplex in Indianapolis. Plan to live in one unit for at least a year(solid credit score) and plan to leverage my current salary to keep purchasing real estate . Looking to network with any Indy wholesalers , investors, contractors, realtors, etc . Any recommendations or input are very much appreciated and my feelings aren't easily hurt :) I want to move fast but realize chasing deals due to time constraints is preparing for failure. My $1400/month lease ends in a couple of months so I'm prepared to rent something much cheaper temporarily until I can find a great deal. Im down for attending meetups or just grabbing a beer if anyone wants to talk shop sometime . happy to be here. enjoy your memorial day weekend BPers :)

@Trevor Sampson, my advice is to go with something that has at least 2 bedrooms per side and will rent for at least $800 per side. Inventory is a little tight. I’d try to pick a few areas of town that interest you the most and start researching them and running numbers. You’ll be able to move quicker and with more confidence when you do find something. Good luck. 

Originally posted by @Mark Jones :

@Trevor Sampson, my advice is to go with something that has at least 2 bedrooms per side and will rent for at least $800 per side. Inventory is a little tight. I’d try to pick a few areas of town that interest you the most and start researching them and running numbers. You’ll be able to move quicker and with more confidence when you do find something. Good luck. 

Thanks for chiming in Mark and good advice! Currently driving for dollars trying to get ahold of owners . Hopefully I can find something where the numbers work soon ish. Appreciate the support !