Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Sunday Nguyen
  • Real Estate Investor
  • OAKLAND, CA
Votes |
Success on 1st R.E investment, tips on doing it better the next?

Sunday Nguyen
  • Real Estate Investor
  • OAKLAND, CA
Posted May 30 2018, 10:41

Hi to all BP friends!

After a year or more of grooming and learning everything I could about R.E investment, I've made my first purchase in Feb 2, 2018. It was a probate property, no court confirmation needed, and also tenant occupied. After 2 months of back and forth on negotiating with the lawyer/owner we come to agreement of $260k with contingency of tenant moving out before funded the deal. Originally asking price of $320k dropped down to $285k after initial negotiating without inspection of property. With all current comparable of 2/1 in the area with same sqft is around $385k-$400k, I converted to 3/2 with permits our contractor and I ran into many challenges with the city inspection and also tried to stay within budget. Our estimated was $45k rehab which end up at $72,550.00 project. We overcome all challenges and ended up with an appraisal valued of $459,000 when we did re-finance for better term/interest rate. I will post a complete Deal Detail below. At the end of it all it was well worth it, the house is now rented for $3115.00/month and the feeling our getting our first rent check is amazing! Thank you to all of BP members that been helping me answer all my questions in this R.E journey. Special thanks to @Account Closed

Loading replies...