Out of State Investing For First Time Investor

4 Replies

Living in Boston, eager to get my feet wet in R.I. The area is much too expensive for me to cashflow in this area for what I can put down. Any helpful links, podcast episodes etc on the topic of investing out of state for your first purchase?

Thanks!!

@Alexander Nason , fellow newbie here looking to invest from the UK. So far I have found @David Greene 's, book on Long distance real estate investing insightful an helpful in laying out a foundation from which to proceed. If you haven't already, I think reading that book gives actionable steps to guide you on your journey.

@Alexander Nason, Its early days for me. I have been primarily looking at the rust belt.   As a total newbie I may well be wrong, but I chose to approach it from the point of view of where someone like myself would want to live. For me good job availability and affordable housing had to intersect.  I found a few pockets in the rust belt kept popping up where I searched for the best places in live and work. I then made note of those areas,  used redfin to see what I could buy with my budget. I'm now at point of seeing what financing options are available to foreigners in those areas because without leverage it will be a no go for me. 

Originally posted by @Alexander Nason :

Living in Boston, eager to get my feet wet in R.I. The area is much too expensive for me to cashflow in this area for what I can put down. Any helpful links, podcast episodes etc on the topic of investing out of state for your first purchase?

Thanks!!

Investing OOS is a great way to earn a decent ROI! I would stick to the Midwest. Prices here are still very low.

Good luck!