real estate tax lein property

1 Reply

Re: redemption of property, returning deed to owners

bought this property at tax auction...

The constable sent the deed to me and it states " I hereby convey to the grantee (me)

all of the rights, title, and interest owed by the defendants in the property described above"

So I guess what im asking in your experience there anything I have to do before mailing this deed to the former property owners?

and remove my name from this property since the owners have paid me the redemption fee I asked for.

To be properly conveyed, the correct paperwork should be filed with the county clerk.  

If you want to do a lot of research, you can probably figure out the right forms and do it yourself or you can enlist the help of a title company to do it.