Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
change of financing-how does it affect me

Account Closed
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Jun 8 2011, 01:43

My buyers signed a contract to pay cash for the house, and we were to close Friday (verbal agreement), originally on the 30th by contract.
The agent just called to say now they want to finance part of the purchase because they need to do repairs and don't have the extra if they pay all cash. She said she thought they would get a conventional loan, but he is retired military, so my guess would be VA loan, or even FHA.

How will that affect me, and will I have to put any money in, therefore reducing my net? How much?
And since there is this financing change, what are my options? Can I reject this change? Is this considered a new offer? Can I reject the contract without penalty?

At this point, I really don't know what to do.
My house was listed at the very low end of comps, and I even agreed to a reduction to sell it to them. If this new financing costs me money, I think I want to reject it. I listed mine at 119K, agreed to 115. With her commission and closing costs, I get about 110K The next closest one is listed at 124,900. It’s a little smaller, but has a few things mine doesn’t, including no neighbors to the west or south.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks,
Ofgift

Loading replies...