• Real Estate Agent
  • Quincy, MA
Votes |
2018 Goals - Finishing the Year Strong

DJ Richmond
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Quincy, MA
Posted Nov 30 2018, 05:56

As we approach the final month of 2018, I see that its far too common for people to turn on "cruise control" and ease off the gas pedal with the holiday season in full swing and lose sight of some of the goals they set for 2018. Especially if you live in a cold weather climate, like Boston, it can be difficult even getting out of the house! I'm using these next 31 days to finish the year off strong by staying hungry and stand by the same principles that made me successful this year. I have some very lofty goals for 2019 and need to stay on top of myself and thought this could be a good way to get others to start thinking about the same.

1. Real Estate Investment - I'm trying to purchase my next investment property in Summer 2019. Over the next 31 days (and into 2019) I'll continue to meet and network with other local landlords to see if anyone has interest in selling direct. I'll keep scouring the MLS for any potential deals. Discuss with my lenders and banks about tapping into a HELOC on my primary and preapproval.

2. Career Growth - 2018 was a largely successful year for me in my career. I tripled my gross sales from the year before ($6.4M sold or under agreement this year) in what was my first full year as a real estate sales agent. I am looking to double these numbers for 2019. These next 31 days will be spent closing up a deal currently under contract and continue to grow my client base into 2019.

3. Personal Life - The personal success of 2018 will be tough to top. I became a married man just two weeks ago to an equally motivated and supporting wife. Having a spouse on board with you in your pursuit of real estate dreams is not something to be taken lightly. In addition, I've also upped my health and physical fitness by staying consistent in the gym ever since last December and dropped 10 pounds since the start of the year. I've never been drastically over weight, but I've gained about 15 extra pounds over the past couple years due to my hectic schedule - but 2018 was a year of setting my priorities and getting back on track. I look to continue this trend in 2019.

There is still a lot of 2018 left - what are some of the goals you have to finish out the year? What are the goals you have for 2019? How do you plan on keeping yourself accountable?