Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Cal C.
  • Investor
  • Peachtree Corners, GA
Votes |
Should I report this agent to the Board of Realtors or?

Cal C.
  • Investor
  • Peachtree Corners, GA
Posted Feb 18 2019, 09:50

I'll try to make this short.

Last month, I called an agent who runs a property management company. I offered to buy one of the houses he manages.  Had to explain to him a couple of times what I was trying to do.  Anyway,  he calls the owner and she agrees to sell it to me for the price I offered.  I asked the agent to write up the contract.  He did but he included a 6% commission.  I told him I didn't think he earned 6% for simply making a phone call and writing up a contract.  I refused to sign.  Next day he puts the property on the market with a highest and best at close of business the same day.  I make the same offer but was outbid.  Found out today, the buyer was the agent's father and another agent within the original agent's office represented the father.  

My agent (who knew of this, but wasn't involved) says I should report the original agent.  My PM also says I should report the agent and has almost had to report said agent in the past.  

So should I 

Simply report the agent to the Board of Realtors?

Report the agent and contact the seller to tell her what happened?

Just tell the seller what happened?

Text the original agent to tell him I know he sold the property to his father?

Make an offer to buy the property from his father at the same price I originally offered (JOKING).

Call his mom, who is his broker and tell her I think what her son and husband did was pretty crappy (obviously she knew all about this)?

Do Nothing and let fate take care of this unethical family?

Something else?  

Loading replies...