Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Phil Hucke
Votes |
Marketing a rehabbed Fire property

Phil Hucke
Posted Jun 14 2019, 06:47

I’m currently rehabbing a fire damaged home. I’m doing a full tear out to framing and replacing all systems. The framing is fine, and I have an engineering report on the rehab plan.  I’m taking lots of pictures as I go to document how the repairs are being done, and copies of all permits and inspections.  When it comes time to sell and I make the disclosure, what’s the best way to package this info for potential buyers?  Are there any other steps I can take now during the rehab that will help answer buyers’ concerns?

User Stats

Votes
Larry Turowski
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Rochester, NY
Replied Jun 14 2019, 08:48

@Phil Hucke The fact that you have all the permits and inspections is enough.  Don't offer more information than people ask for.  Just disclose and explain that you got the engineering report and all permits and inspections.  If people ask then you can start by telling them about the fire and what needed to be done.  And finally you can offer that you have everything documented in an online folder (e.g. Dropbox) that you can share with them.  But I don't most people will get that far.