For those of you who do Seller Financing

4 Replies

For those of you who do Seller Financing...

Do you call the selling realtor first and ask them if the seller is open to financing?

Or do you view the property like normal, and then submit an offer asking for seller financing?

This is for SFH's - not multi-families. So the sellers are typically NOT investors.

Originally posted by @Leah Stuever :

always best to check with the agent to see if the owner even is interested. Don't waste your time and theirs. 

That's what I figured.

I've been asking but every time the realtor either responds "I have no idea" or "Have you even seen the house yet?".

@Ryan Frank yeah. Agents like to deal with other agents more than people not represented by agents. If you have an agent you are working with it friebdl with, you may see if they get a better response.

You may change the way you ask.

Hello I am interested in purchasing XX but I would like to do owner financing. Can you please check with your client to see if they would be interested.

That gives them fewer outs with their answer.

Originally posted by @Leah Stuever :

@Ryan Frank yeah. Agents like to deal with other agents more than people not represented by agents. If you have an agent you are working with it friebdl with, you may see if they get a better response.

You may change the way you ask.

Hello I am interested in purchasing XX but I would like to do owner financing. Can you please check with your client to see if they would be interested.

That gives them fewer outs with their answer.

Thank you for this. I will give it a try.

I may end up going the conventional route, but would really like to keep this property off my credit.