• Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
James Wise Clayton Morris Trailer video

Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Posted Oct 5 2019, 08:22

For all of you who did not catch this Trailer video that James posted on U Tube I was able to watch it.. 

I found it well done.  And was even more amazed that Jim got Clayton on the phone all the way from Portugal.

other than a few F bombs by both parties.. it was and is well done.

Even a little Cameo from myself LOL..

Jim has gotten videos and audio testimony from industry experts and actual victims as well as when you see it a phone call with Clayton himself.. I am not sure if there is more Audio on Clayton that I saw on the trailer.

But suffice it to say.. it was Vintage Morris  IE just pretty much exactly how his wife portrays them as victims.

Clayton goes on to mention other Indy providers that were in the same mess with Whalen .. And then proceeds to question Jim's investigative reporting bona fides.. And Clayton wanted to know what business was it of Jim's to be doing this at all.  And Clayton mentioned me as well as I have been from the very first post pretty straight forward that the model as sold by Morris even if all the rehab funds had not been diverted and you had ponzi like rental payments being made , that the model is and was flawed from day one and would never have worked as he described.. 

The big one though was When Jim says to Clayton  " But dude your in Portugal how does that make you look"  no answer.. 

For sure one thing is certain he is no dummy and I am sure he talked to many lawyers about where he could go to avoid massive litigation and potential criminal and then set up shop and keep selling whatever he is selling to new folks.

U still see it on any social media when his wife gets on and does the Poor this is not fair to Clayton or I routine.. there will be 50 people singing their praise.. Of course I Bet not one of them lost their entire life's savings like one of the investors that Jim had interviewed and is on the trailer.. 

I commend Jim for his work in this .. It will have benefits throughout the industry showing and teaching people about OOS investing and being led by someone with a lot of fame but no real estate experience to speak of... 

Lastly this is a sad case Morris with his background could have been one of the larger resellers of rentals in the US no doubt right up there with the other big resale companies we all know about.. And I can tell you from first hand experience all those other resale companies ran into the same thing Morris did.. but the difference is they realized it quickly and cut off those bad actors by and large. 

@Jim K.@James Wise    Jim I tagged you on accident but in reality you could write the how to book on how to navigate those lower end assets. 

Loading replies...