Qualified Intermediary in Nashville

2 Replies

@Brittni Lilly , Because 1031 is a federal statute it is performed the same way in all states.  With the communication capabilities we have today the actual location of your QI is not that important.  Their demonstrated experience and accessibility are.  Here's an article we wrote for BP on the subject - https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/12255-dave-foster-the-1031-investor/86034-1031-exchange-qualified-intermediary-local-vs-national.  There are several QIs like us who have done a lot of work in TN in general and Nashville in particular.  I'd recommend you take a look at some of the profiles here and talk to some of the members who have written references.  That would be a good place to start.

Phone and email are wonderful tools but I confess I do miss attending some of the closings back in the days when buyer and seller were in the same room.  I got to see some pretty crazy rodeos!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here