Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Carlos Varum Jr
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
Who's Buying the 21 Million Properties coming onto the market!

Carlos Varum Jr
  • Providence, RI
Posted Nov 23 2019, 03:25

On Foxnews.com this morning there was an article that alerted me of a Tidal Wave of Properties that were going to start popping up on the market: https://www.foxnews.com/lifest...

Essentially, what they are alerting to is the fact that as Baby Boomers pass away, they are leaving behind their homes, vacation homes, etc..

They expect more than double the properties that came on over the past 10 years to come onto the market. 

I know a lot of Biggerpockets members see this as opportunity, but question is who is going to fill that void, both financially and physically? Is the population really going to increase by that amount to fill the void of vacancies that are going to pop onto the market over the next 10 years? I don't think so. 

So, 3 questions BiggePocket Members:

What happens to the real estate market over the next 10 years. Boom? Bust? or Stay the Same? 

Will the increase of properties on the market, bring more Millenials to home Ownership?

Does the rental market get soft as they flood to cheaper properties that make it onto the market?

And a 4th Bonus Question: How does this flood of properties change your real estate investment strategy?

Loading replies...